Please send Metainformation and Dataloggerfiles to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Settings for temperature loggers
For GLORIA-wide consistent temperature series please consider, in addition to the short overview below, the following documents:
- The GLORIA Field Manual - Multi-Summit Approach for overall instructions on installing loggers, and
- GLORIA Temperature loggers - a technical appendix for technical instructions on logger management.
A short overview:
- Time settings:
All temperature data loggers internal time should be set to GMT/UTC. You achieve this by setting your computers time to GMT/UTC when launching the loggers. You cannot manually adjust internal time of the loggers to other than your computers time.
- Start time:
All temperature data loggers for a target region should start recording at the same time.
When launching the loggers, choose 'delayed start' and set start time for all loggers to the same time.
- Recording interval:
Recording interval should be set to 1 hour!
This gives a time-frame of about 3 years in field (about 1350 days) with a safety zone of a few months.
Make sure, the loggers configuration is set to stop recording after this time or when its memory is full.
- End time:
When collecting your loggers from the summits again and exchanging them against a new set, make sure there is no gap in the time series.
Guidelines for installing and changing loggers
If you are using recommended Geo-Precision data loggers, here some relevant files:
- Geo-Precision software (GP-Shell) for programming and handling loggers zipped (zip/exe)
- Helpfile for Geo-Precision software (pdf)
- Technical Description of Geo-Precision logger M-Log5W Wireless Temperature Data Logger (pdf)
- Helpfile for Geo-Precision battery change (pdf)
- Technical appendix for handling Onset TitBit loggers (pdf)